Pages

Connect

Connect with me:
irene.boynton@gcisd.net
Twitter: @ireneb2011
Classroom Twitter: @BoyntonsBuzz

Translate

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Using IPEVO to Add Accountability to Morning Message

On of my new favorite apps is IPEVO. It is a super simple screen casting app and it's free! Scholars have used it to present projects and explain their thinking in Math. This week I have been using it to add accountability to Morning Message and Shared Writing.
We sometimes begin our day with a Morning Message or some sort of shared writing. But lately, I've been avoiding it because I've been sensing that I don't have the attention of my scholars during the process. Then, I got the idea to 'add some teeth' to it using iPads and IPEVO. Sometimes we write the message together but this week I have been writing it and when we read it together the focus has been on locating and reading word wall words. Later, as one of the literacy work stations, students take a picture of the message, upload to IPEVO, circle the word wall words then read it using the recording feature. IPEVO automatically saves to the camera roll. It's really simple and the level of engagement and participation during Morning Message has really increased because the kids know that they will be responsible for reading the message independently a little later on.
Here are some examples of their work.


No comments: