Connect

Connect with me:
irene.boynton@gcisd.net
Twitter: @ireneb2011
Classroom Twitter: @BoyntonsBuzz

Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Reading Workshop: Retelling

Retelling is an essential building block skill for young readers. Readers must be able to remember what they read, determine what is important about the story and retell the events in order. This group of scholars read the book, Peace at Last by Jill Murphy. After reading, they uploaded pictures from the book into the app Educreations and recorded their retellings. Check out their work below.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the retellings using Educreations! I am currently in Cadre4 for Digital Classroom, teaching 1st @ BCE. Love your blog and ideas!
Maureen Simmons

Irene Boynton said...

Thanks Maureen. I love Educreations. Another app I love is Pic Collage. I'll be posting some Pic Collage products later this weekend.

Maureen said...

We use Pic Collage also, very easy for our Firsties! I will check back soon to see more of your students' great work!