Pages

Connect

Connect with me:
irene.boynton@gcisd.net
Twitter: @ireneb2011
Classroom Twitter: @BoyntonsBuzz

Translate

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

                                     Picture Clue

Where in the world is Mrs. Boynton?

This week's blog is a challenge. I will give you 3 clues about where I am and you can try to figure it out. You may have to do some research to come up with your answer:)

Clue 1: This state is much smaller than Texas. In fact, you could fit this state into Texas 27 times!

Clue 2: This state produces more maple syrup than any other state. In fact, it produces 500,000 gallons every year!

Clue 3: The ice cream makers, Ben and Jerry, are from this state and they give their ice cream waste to farmers who feed it to their hogs. The hogs seem to like every flavor except Mint Oreo!

In your reply tell me where you think I am and how you know:)

5 comments:

Kate said...

We looked up maple syrup on Google search and found out Vermont was the largest producer of maple syrup in the United States, producing 5.5 percent of the global supply. Are you in Vermont?

Irene Boynton said...

Good thinking Kate! I am in Vermont and here in Vermont, folks are pretty proud of their maple syrup. I had a maple ice cream cone yesterday;)

Anonymous said...

The cow threw us off a bit. We thought about Jersey cows, so we started researching New Jersey first. We then revisited the clues, googling Ben and Jerry's and maple syrup. That's when we figured out you were in Vermont! Good one, Mrs. Boynton!

Mateo

Anonymous said...

Guess what city Mateo visited?

Clue #1: This city has a famous park named after an explorer which is also the home of 15 museums and a famous zoo.

Clue #2: It is 20 miles from another country.

Clue #3: It's in the largest state on the west coast.

Irene Boynton said...

Ok Mateo, clue 3 made me think California. Clue 1 made me think of the San Diego Zoo. Clue 2 led me to google maps where I saw that San Diego is very close to Mexico. I had to do another Google search to learn that there is a park in San Diego named after Vasco Balboa. Did you visit San Diego? I can't wait to hear all about it!